For my last post I started off by saying what I didn’t like about Weymouth.
So for this post let me say what I love about Weymouth.
Weymouth has a great harbourside area. Lined with restaurants and pubs, what I like the most is the rowing boat ferries that take you from one side of the harbour to the other for a pound.
The kids weren’t with us on this walk, but here they are on the harbour ferry in 2011. A man with an oar, costing a pound, to take you from one side of the harbour to the other. It’s the simple things in life that count.
I won’t spoil the mood by saying that when we got to the ferry point this time round we found it closed…
Points on this part of the walk (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth)
- Weymouth Harbour: N 50° 36.485 W 002° 26.910
Walk #81 Statistics (of which this post forms the fourth part):
- Date of Walk: 9 June 2015
- Walk #81 total distance covered: 15.29 miles
- Coast of Britain Walk Total Distance Covered: 694.06 miles
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INTERACTIVE MAP!!!