The shores of Lake Vangsvatnet allow you to indulge in a slower pace of life…
…or, just yards away, something a little faster.
I would have liked to have given both a go, but our time in Voss had come to an end. We had to catch the train to Bergen on Norway’s west coast.
In the meantime, I cannot recommend Voss highly enough. It has everything for my sort of trip:
- Regular train services linking it to Oslo and Bergen, on one of the world’s most beautiful lines
- Easy access to the fjords
- Fleischer’s Hotel with its enormous character and history
- Beautiful countryside with its mountains, lakes, gorges and tarns
- Skydiving, both indoor and outdoor, as well as paragliding and all sorts of other adventure sports
- Skiing in the winter, with ski school
What’s not to like?!? See you again, Voss, but farewell for now!
Date of Visit: 20-23 July 2014
Points in this post (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth):
- The Shore of Lake Vangsvatnet: N 60° 37.600 E 006° 24.990