The Southsea Hovercraft to the Isle of Wight only runs once an hour, so we were lucky to see it arrive just as we approached the hoverport. Look! Here it comes!
It throws up quite a lot of spray, doesn’t it? Have a closer look.
As it approached the beach people crowded round the barriers to watch it make land.
As the hovercraft came in the spray came in too. Those standing close up realised a little too late, but the children seemed to enjoy it…
Points on this part of the walk (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth):
- Hoverport: N 50°47.095 W 001°05.995
Walk #65 Statistics (of which this post forms the seventh part):
- Date of Walk: 2 February 2014
- Walk #65 total distance covered (not including ferry ride): 8.53 miles
- Coast of Britain Walk Total Distance Covered: 538.76 miles
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INTERACTIVE MAP!!!
Very, very cool!