As we strolled along Hayling Island beach we got buzzed by a low-flying aircraft – look out! Here it comes for another pass!
Phew That was close!
For a good 20 minutes or so this aircraft circled over the beach. It would approach from the east and then dive down, almost as if to strafe us. It must have been only a couple of hundred feet above us. It would tear along the beach and then peel off, pulling up and flying out to sea, eventually disappearing into the distance. A few minutes later we would hear the drone of its engine as it reappeared in the east again, lining up before diving down for a second run.
This aircraft buzzed us successfully – we were truly buzzed!
Look out! Here it comes again!
Points on this part of the walk (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth):
- Hayling Island Beach: N 50° 46.950 W 000° 58.500
Walk #63 Statistics (of which this post forms the fourth part):
- Date of Walk: 29 December 2013
- Walk #63 total distance covered: 9.60 miles
- Coast of Britain Walk Total Distance Covered: 526.74 miles
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INTERACTIVE MAP!!!