On the western outskirts of Worthing is the Waterwise Garden, a shingle garden with wooden sculptures and boardwalk, which has been created on the beach itself.
The Waterwise Garden was designed to highlight the need for water conservation along the south coast. The plants here are those which are best suited to reduced rainfall, and aside from the natural rain that falls here, they need no other watering whatsoever.
Still, I quite liked this garden. The wooden sculptures were appealing.
Points on this part of the walk (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth):
- Waterwise Garden: N 50° 48.362 W 000° 24.020
- The End of our Walk: N 50° 48.276 W 000° 25.455
Walk #54 Statistics (of which this post forms the final part):
- Date of Walk: 31 May 2013
- Walk #54 total distance covered: 9.72 miles
- Coast of Britain Walk Total Distance Covered: 445.64 miles
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INTERACTIVE MAP!!!