The drone of aircraft heading into Shoreham Airport faded into the distance; we continued on our way west. We soon reached a small grassy patch of open space. It had outdoor exercise equipment; it had ice creams; and above all it had WC facilities – hooray! On leaving the facilities we went over to the exercise equipment. For some reason, walking around the entire coast of Britain is not enough for the kids – they leaped onto the air skier and then proceeded to try out each and every piece of apparatus in turn (later in the day they suddenly started complaining of fatigue – I wonder why?!?).
Points on this part of the walk (copy and paste the co-ordinates into Google Earth):
- WC Facilities: N 50° 49.220 W 000° 19.510
- Exercise Equipment: N 50° 49.210 W 000° 19.370
- Welcome to Lancing Boat: N 50° 49.189 W 000° 19.529
Walk #54 Statistics (of which this post forms the third part):
- Date of Walk: 31 May 2013
- Walk #54 total distance covered: 9.72 miles
- Coast of Britain Walk Total Distance Covered: 445.64 miles
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO INTERACTIVE MAP!!!